Do you ever forget to take care of yourself?
Try some simple self-care activities to improve your life!
Self-care is anything you do to take care of your mental, emotional, and physical health, and if you neglect taking care of yourself it could lead to a snowball effect of negativity in a variety of forms.
Many neglect taking care of themselves for any number of reasons like feeling tired or overwhelmed, trying to balance a heavy schedule, self-sacrificing for others’ well being, depression, and much more.
When you avoid things that make you feel physically and mentally well, you can harm your confidence and feelings of self-worth. Self-care is important to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself, and creates positive feelings.
Self-care is very important because it tells you that you are a valuable and worthy person – worthy of being cared for.
Self-Care Isn’t Just Important – It’s Critical.
At times, self-care can be difficult because we may not feel like we have the time, or we can have feelings of worthless or depression, or even just be exhausted. Some don’t even know where to begin.
For self-care to have the greatest effect it must develop into a habit. Here is a list of a few things you can try to practice self-care daily and improve your quality of life!
1. Take time to find activities that make you feel good.
2. Find somewhere quiet and meditate or try to.
3. Reread one of your favorite books.
4. Avoid things that trigger negative emotions.
5. Spend time with a close friend or family member.
6. Get a full night’s sleep regularly.
7. Wear clean, comfortable clothing.
8. Fill your home with your favorite scent with a candle or essential oil diffuser.
9. Take a hot bath.
10. Visit a favorite spot of yours in the area.
11. Don’t feel guilty turning down invitations or canceling plans. You are allowed to say “no”.
12. Unplug from social media.
13. Make a list of things you are grateful for.
14. Read inspiring quotes.
15. Spend time in nature.
16. Listen to your favorite song on repeat.
17. Ask for help if you need it.
19. Eat a balanced diet, but treat yourself.
20. Try journaling or jotting down what you’re thinking and feeling.
22. Don’t force yourself to do anything you don’t want to do.
24. Listen to a calming playlist.
25. Pet an animal.
26. Do yoga.
27. Turn off your phone and electronics for a day.
28. Splurge a little.
29. Schedule an appointment with a counselor.
30. Watch a favorite childhood movie.
31. Take a nap.
32. Do something that inspires and motivates you.
33. Make future plans for a trip or event you’re excited about.
34. Take time for yourself, away from others.
Remember that self-care is not optional, it’s essential!